Saturday, July 9, 2011

sunshine and Beethoven

My house, which does not belong to me but I still get to call it mine because I pay the rent, has a Most Glorious Feature. Actually, it has about a HUNDRED Most Glorious Features, but I am currently describing one, okay?
It has a music system that has speakers in the main rooms, the master bedroom and on the upper deck. That's right, I said the UPPER deck...our house has TWO decks!! The lower deck is accessible through the den, where the Wii is and where the kids use it most. The upper deck is where we often eat, host parties, et cetera.

Anyhow, this music system allows me to create a soundtrack for most of my life, which I have really, always wanted to do. (Doesn't everyone, really? Wouldn't it be so great if, every time something bad was going to happen, the scary music started, so we'd freaking KNOW? Or, if TH is about to say something really romantic, the music could swell with jazz brushes and saxophones so I could mentally get my sexy on? Actually, pretty much any time TH says ANYTHING to me I mentally get my sexy on, so that point might be moot.) In the mornings, I play classical music, to help me order my thoughts, plan my day, and figure out how to use the coffee maker, perhaps not in that order.
Around eleven or so, I usually switch to the "rock and roll's greatest hits" station, for some work energy and because the kids like it, and that's when some of them get out of bed. (ahem!)
Then, when TH comes home in the evening, I switch it to the jazz station, and turn it on on the deck so we can sit out there and enjoy the breeze off the lake and a glass of wine (or three).

If that sounds like VACATION to you, it sort of is!! We can, if the weather's nice, have a mini-vacation every single evening on our deck.

This particular morning, TH is at work, and has been since around seven a.m. That is very sad, but it also means that since the kids are at their father's house this weekend, I have this beautiful day to myself.
I went for a hike earlier, but my trail up in the woods was already inundated with senior citizens on a group nature walk. Since I didn't feel like saying "Excuse me, good morning! Hello, excuse me. Pardon me, excuse me, good morning!" I just hiked the loop on which I live, and came back home.

I had my breakfast (raisin English muffin with peanut butter, and orange juice) on the deck in the absolutely gorgeous breezy sunshine, while listening to Beethoven's first symphony. I know, it's not famous like the fifth or the ninth, but by golly ol' Ludwig can write a damn fine symphony!!

I also meditated, in my weird way that I do (hell no, I'm not going to describe it. You'd just laugh at me anyhow) and am getting ready to work on my book. I like to blog first, just to kinda warm up.

Yeah, you guys are my opening act, sort of....

No comments: