Thursday, July 7, 2011

glad there is SOMETHING I can do!

I know I am not alone in feeling disgust that Casey Anthony got acquitted. I know the legal system works the best way it can based on the laws that WE help to make, and in this case, following the legal process did not bring justice to Caylee Anthony.

Clearly, there is much more to the story that we might never know, and whatever actually happened to that innocent little girl, Casey may not ever be held accountable for it in any real way.

Obviously, I hope no one ever has sex with her again, but shoot - OJ Simpson has had girlfriends, which I canNOT imagine. Seriously, WHO would go to bed with that guy??

But I digress.

There’s a petition that’s been put up on Change.org to make not reporting your child missing a felony. It is sad and appalling that something like this has to be made a law - as a mother, if my child is missing for thirty SECONDS, I feel frantic, panicky, and absolutely jam-packed with adrenaline. I cannot IMAGINE even being able to sleep or eat with my child in some sort of jeopardy, let alone go out and grind on people in some bar.

But that is why we have laws - some people do not have the natural urges of compassion or respect for human life that they’re suppose to have, so we have to MAKE them behave in a decent way, via the laws of our country.

So here’s the link: Create Caylee’s Law! Go here, and sign, and help make our country a little bit safer for the innocent children who may be at the mercy of a coldhearted parent.

ANYONE who has taken the time to say angry things about the outcome of Ms. Anthony’s trial should also take one minute to go sign this petition - I did, and it’s a law we should have had already.

No comments: