Monday, June 27, 2011

lunchboxes, and why mine is empty

I heart lunchboxes. I am not really sure why, I just do. When I was a little kid, I had a Holly Hobbie lunchbox, and when my big sisters went to school with THEIR lunchboxes, I took mine out into the vacant lot next to our house, since I wasn't old enough for school yet.

I even love the old school man's lunchbox - you know, they are black and have a domed roof that flips back to reveal the place to stash the Thermos? Yeah.

I actually have one of those, but it's empty. I would like to put some lunch in it, and possibly take a walk up into the woods behind my house and eat lunch up there.

Here's why I haven't: A. I am wearing a skirt and high-heeled sandals. Why, you might ask, am I wearing such attire on a day when I'm not going anyplace till 3:30 or so? It was just one of those mornings when I wanted to look pretty, okay? My makeup sort of went wonderfully right, and then I wanted to continue the rightness on down my body to my feet.

Hence the nude, strappy high-heeled sandals.

Its not like I haven't ever GONE up in the woods wearing a skirt and heels - I am actually known among my peers for not only being overdressed in the extreme for almost every occasion but also being able to climb trees in heels - but that brings us to reason B: I don't know what to put in my sandwich.

I don't! I have tuna, salami, cheese and peanut butter, and the various acoutrements that go with such items. But I don't know what I want. I don't actually feel like EATING a sandwich. I am more in a Tom Yum Soup-type mood. You can't really put THAT in a lunchbox.

Oh right! I don't have a Thermos. In case you are thinking, "put it in the Thermos, and put THAT in the damn lunchbox!"

I have a great idea!!! Why don't I start using a lunchbox as my handbag? Roomy, easy to find things in, and unique. Maybe I can start a new trend....

1 comment: